What Landlords Need to Know
- Landlords who reside outside Maui are required to have a Maui property manager handling the rental. Click to read more.
- Hawaii Revised Statutes Section 521-43(f) provides: "(f) Any owner or landlord who resides without the State or on another island from where the rental unit is located shall designate on the written rental agreement an agent residing on the same island where the unit is located to act in the owner's or landlord's behalf."
- Property managers need a real estate license in Hawaii if they engage in leasing activities or the collection of rents.
- Check the Hawaii State Professional & Vocational Licensing website to see if someone has a real estate license.
- Info re Security Deposits.
- Mandatory Seller Disclosures for Hawaii Residential Real Estate