Kuau Bayview Homeowners' Association News
Latest News at Kuau Bayview
- House sales have slowed down a bit since 2016, but Lot 77 sold within hours of being listed.
- Except for a couple of grievances and a homeless guy in the park, life in Kuau Bayview has been very quiet this year. We like it that way!
- We had a Water Department worker check the water pressure in Kuau Bayview. It was almost 100 psi at several houses. The pressure for residential houses should be between 50 and 60 psi. Apparently the pressure reducers installed when the houses were built wear out after 20 years such that the water now flows through at full pressure. This can cause pipes and water heaters to burst. You can buy a pressure gauge for about $10 at Home Depot to test your pressure by screwing it onto your hose bib.
- We would like to commend Karen Chun for her kindness in adopting the Cane Dog. This poor dog has wandered the cane fields around Kuau Bayview for at least ten years fending for himself. No one could ever catch him until Karen gave him a home. He is now very old, and he is deaf & half blind. He will probably die within a year. He has had a very hard life and even got hit by a car at one point. It is not possible to put a leash on him, so we want all the park users to know that Cane Dog is totally non-aggressive and will not fight even when another dog is aggressive towards him. He is a big red dog, so if you see him in the park off-leash, you needn't worry. He just lopes along minding his own business. Big mahalo to Karen for loving this sweet dog.
Finances & Records
- Current financials are available under the Finance menu. KB is in such great shape that we will be able to lower the fees for 2018 from $175 to $130 (Green List) and from $236 to $176 for snail mailers.
2017 Annual Meeting
Paia Community Center
Thurs, Nov 16, 2017
Please submit your proxy even if you plan to attend the meeting to ensure a quorum.
2018 Maintenance Fees
are due Jan 1st, 2018. Fees are $130 with the Green Discount and $176 without the discount. You can now pay by check, PayPal, or credit card. Please click for payment instructions. Checks can be dropped off any time but should be dated Jan 1, 2018. They will be deposited on Jan 2nd to be in the proper fiscal year.