Latest News at Kuau Bayview at Paia
- 2018 was a record year for house sales in KB with 7 houses sold.
- 2018 was also a record year for highest sale price when Lot 80 sold in June for a million dollars.
- On July 22, 2018 a woman who fell asleep at the wheel crashed her car into our Paia-side front garden shoving one of the large boulders into the rock wall and taking out a 25 foot fan palm tree.
- On July 27, 2018 a drunk driver took out our brand new stop sign at Lae St & Hana Hwy.
- From July to September in 2018 A&B installed cattle fencing along the east and south boundaries of Kuau Bayview. There will be 10 paddocks with beef cattle (steers) rotated from paddock to paddock to even out the grazing.
- On Dec 20, 2018 A&B sold 41,000 acres of former sugar cane fields to Mahi Pono, which consists of Pomona Farming LLC and Public Sector Pension Investment Board, one of Canada's largest pension investment managers. Under the terms of the agreement, Mahi Pono purchased the farm lands as well as Kulolio Ranch (A&B's grass-fed cattle project) and Central Maui Feedstocks, A&B's energy crop project. Maui News article. Early plans include a community farm near Puunene Mill.
- From February to August 2018 MP Paving repaved Hana Hwy from Paia town to Hookipa using Lae St in Kuau Bayview as their baseyard.
- Changing the parking in Paia town from diagonal to parallel striping seems to have ameliorated the traffic problem enough that the Paia Bypass has ceased to be a pressing issue.
- We had a Water Department worker check the water pressure in Kuau Bayview. It was almost 100 psi at several houses. The pressure for residential houses should be between 50 and 60 psi. Apparently the pressure reducers installed when the houses were built wear out after 20 years such that the water now flows through at full pressure. This can cause pipes and water heaters to burst. You can buy a pressure gauge for about $10 at Home Depot to test your pressure by screwing it onto your hose bib. A pressure reducer costs about $83 at Home Depot.
- REMINDER: Please slow down when driving in Kuau Bayview for the sake of pets, children, and owners of pets & children who worry when they hear a vehicle approaching. People with no children (myself included) often don't realize how speeds that seem slow to us may cause others to worry. Let's all be more mindful in the hood and slow down! Mahalo. :)
Reporting Streetlight Outages
You can now report faulty street lights online by clicking here. You can still report any streetlight or utility pole problems by calling the MECO Trouble Line at 871-9777.
Hawaii Energy Rebates
The Refrigerator Trade-Up offer gives you a $150 rebate for purchasing a new, ENERGY STAR® refrigerator and for trading in your old but operational one.
2019 Maintenance Fees
All owners have paid in full for 2019 except Bouchers (45 Hoe St) who still owe the HOA over $3000.
Finances & Records
Current financials are available under the Finance menu. KB is in such great shape that we were able to lower the fees 35% for 2018 and may be able to lower them again in 2020 if house sales stay up and expenses stay down.