Booking the Paia Community Center
- Call Charlene Freitas at 572-8122 to see if your date is available. The office is open 8am-1pm and 2:30pm-4pm Monday to Friday.
- Possible rental hours for the Paia Community Center at 252 Hana Hwy are 8am to 11pm seven days a week.
- There are 2 rooms: the large meeting hall which holds 220 people and the smaller conference room which holds 55. The smaller room is more intimate and all we need.
- The small conference room is equipped with a sink & cupboards, 36 chairs, 5 folding tables, broom, mop, dust pan. There is a blackboard and a whiteboard on the front wall.
- You must go to the Eddie Tam Center (small yellow building across parking lot) in Makawao and pay the $110/$320 by cash or check made out to 'County of Maui' to secure your reservation. Reservations are on a first come-first served basis. They will provide you with a printed Facility Permit.
- You must pick up two keys (door & dumpster) from the Eddie Tam Center up to 48 hours before the event. The door key also opens the restrooms.
- For the smaller conference room the rental fee is $10, plus two refundable deposits: $50 custodial and $50 room key [ total $110 ].
- For the large meeting hall the rental fee is $45 plus two refundable deposits: $225 custodial and $50 key [ total $320 ].
- In order to get your deposit back, you must leave the room as you found it, with chairs folded & on the chair rack. Sweep the floors in the conference room and the restrooms. Clean off the tables if necessary. Mop the floor if necessary. There is a sink and cupboards in the room. Remove all trash to the dumpster out front.
- You must return the 2 keys to the Eddie Tam Center within 2 business days.
- If the center is left clean and in order, 3 to 4 weeks later the Parks Department will mail a deposit refund check made out to the name on the check that paid the original fee.
Conference Room at the Paia Community Center