How to File a Case in Small Claims Court Maui
- Guide to Maui Small Claims Court
- Fill out a Statement of Claim & Notice (General Form) and a Return of Service.
- Enter only names in Plaintiff & Defendant boxes, no addresses.
- Put your contact information in the Filing Party box.
- Put Defendant's address on "Defendant resides..." line.
- On page 2, on the "To" line, enter Defendant's name only.
- On the Return of Service form, fill in only down to the "Documents Served" box where you enter Statement of Claim & Notice (General Form). Leave the rest for the Process Server to fill in.
- Never print the original forms (court copy) 2-sided.
- You must submit 3 copies of every form to Room 106 which is open 8a-4pm M-F.
- Always staple together the separate forms but don't combine forms under one staple. No paper clips. The form title should determine what is stapled together.
- They accept only cash or checks ($35), but prefer cash. Receipt will be given.
- The court clerk will assign a Case# and stamp it on the forms before filing them and returning 2 stamped copies to you.
- Process Server: Aqua Legal at 2145 Wells St #302A. Chris Curley 283-2035
- Complaint against Judges: Commission on Judicial Conduct 808-539-4790
Westside Maui Sunset